Call for papers
Update: Dialect Translation in Multimedia rescheduled to be held online on May 6-7, 2021
Additional call for papers: we are inviting You to submit abstracts to the 8th international conference on Dialect Translation in Multimedia (MultiMeDialecTranslation 8) organised by Kaunas Faculty of Vilnius University (Lithuania). MultiMeDialecTranslation is an interdisciplinary conference, operating at the interface of linguistics, media, communication, and translation studies. It is a continuous scientific event organized since 2002 in different European universities. This year, due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, we are rescheduling the 8th Dialect Translation in Multimedia conference to be held online on 6-7 May 2021.
Relevant topic areas of the conference include, but are not limited to:
- audiovisual translation of language varieties (dubbing, subtitling, voice-over),
- dialect translation of language varieties in the context of minority languages and regional languages,
- translation of language varieties on stage (theatre, opera, songs, comedy shows, stand-up comedy),
- translation of language varieties in comics and graphic novels,
- translation of language varieties in audio description and subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing,
- rendering of language varieties in video game localization,
- translation of culture specific items in audiovisual production,
- features of amateur translation of audiovisual content,
- translation of language varieties and diglossia,
- polysemiotic translation of language varieties and foreign language teaching.
- Łukasz Bogucki, University of Łódź (Poland) A Relevance-Theoretic Approach to Decision-Making in Subtitling
- Luc van Doorslaer, University of Tartu (Estonia), KU Leuven (Belgium), Stellenbosch University (South Africa) Translation Studies Unlimited: The Challenges of Transmediality and Transdisciplinarity
- Danguolė Mikulėnienė, Daiva Aliūkaitė, Vilnius University (Lithuania) The Translation of the Naive Estimator’s Narrative to the Dialectological Discourse: Bridging Diverse Perspectives
The conference languages are Lithuanian, English and German. We recommend parallel language use for giving papers and presentations, covering at least two of the conference languages.
Abstracts and Registration
Abstract submission deadline (extended): 1 February 2021.
Notification of acceptance: 15 February 2021 at the latest.
Registration for participants without presentations: 15 March 2021.
Please find the registration form here: https://forms.gle/ipEcmsb2WfNHk17W6
Conference fee: 80 €
Conference fee for participants without presentations: 20 €
All registered participants will receive certificates of attendance after the conference by email.
International Scientific Committee
Camilla Badstübner-Kizik, Poland
Klaus Geyer, Odense, Denmark
Irmeli Helin, Turku, Finland
Herta Maurer-Lausegger, Klagenfurt, Austria
Danguolė Satkauskaitė, Kaunas, Lithuania
Danguolė Satkauskaitė, Lina Abraitienė, Jurgita Astrauskienė, Skirmantė Biržietienė, Robertas Kudirka, Laura Niedzviegienė
Extended submission of abstracts: 1 February 2021
Notification of acceptance: 15 February 2021
Payment of conference fee: to 1 April 2021
Conference programme: 15 April 2021
Virtual conference: 6-7 May 2021
Danguolė Satkauskaitė, email@example.com
Please use this form for registration: https://forms.gle/ipEcmsb2WfNHk17W6